How to perform Chest Dips
Dips are a great exercise for the
lower chest. It gives you that chiseled look at the bottom of
the chest. But besides that it also works a lot of other different muscles in your upper body, like shoulders and arms.
Type of exercise: Strength
Secondary Targets: Shoulders, Triceps
Type of exercise:
- Always keep a slight bend in your arms, this way you prevent injuries at
- Bend your torso forward slightly
so you can look at the floor
- Breathe in while you slowly lower yourself, until you cannot go any further
- Breathe out while you push yourself back up again. Keep your elbows close to your body, while doing so
- Keep your hips straight, so only push from yor upper body and not by making a swinging movement
- At the end of the movement push yourself up as far as possible from your shoulder, for maximum chest contraction.
- Bring your body back to the starting
- Breathe in while lowering yourself, breathe out while
pushing yourself up
- To target your triceps with dips, keep your body straight throughout the whole movement, so no more leaning forward.
- When dips are getting to easy for you, try adding weight using a dipping belt, or simply put a dumbell between your legs and cross your feet.
- When you are having trouble with this exercise because it's to hard for you, try leaning your legs on a bench. Or use the assisted dip machine. If one ofthat is available, let your partner hold your legs.. No partner? Start with a low amount of reps and then work your way up.
Go back to
Return from Chest Dips to Golden Workout Routines
Share your favorite exercise
Of course you have that one exercise that you just love to do, because it gives amazing results.
Well... sharing is caring!